Friday, December 12, 2008

Getting Back to Work

After a month off from my business, I have been getting back to work in December. Balancing life with a newborn and having a home business is a new venture for me! I am certainly learning the value of sleep! Sometimes I have to choose between sleeping, showering, eating, cleaning, or working my business. And honestly it just depends on the day as to which one I choose. I have been learning to take 20 minutes to make phone calls when I know Kirsten is sleeping (and will stay asleep). I've also been learning how to do a presentation phone call while nursing her, changing her, or carrying her around to keep her happy. This is all a new adventure that is fun and challenging at the same time!

I am so thankful for all that God has given me. But this year, I am especially thankful for my beautiful daughter who has brought us so much joy and love. I am also thankful for the fact that my business is so flexible and allows me to truly work from home. I'm also thankful that I'll still be getting my paycheck in December even though I took the entire month of November off! Talk about a blessing during these difficult economic times! Residual income is a wonderful thing, and I am glad that I had the sense to say "yes" when my friend shared this incredible business with me.

Now, I'm off to take care of my baby girl who's waking up, do some holiday baking, and maybe, just maybe, make some phone calls too!

No comments: