Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sales Book Review

One of my New Year's Goals is to take the time to read one book a month that will help me in my business. This can be a personal development book or a book specific to business - but the goal is to help me improve in the areas that I lack in and become a more effective business person. So the first book I am reading is Jeffrey Gitomer's "Little Red Book of Sales Answers." I received this book from my mom for Christmas, and I just started reading it the other day. I am already engrossed in the book and I am learning a lot! Here are some of the things I am enjoying:
  • The book is set up in 6 different sections that are easy to follow.
  • In each section, there are several questions that sales people ask, and then he provides the answer. These are not your typical pat answers - they are answers that you can actually use and apply.
  • There is a wealth of info in this book. Even if you are not in sales, you could still learn a lot about personal relationships and interactions in this book.
  • This is the kind of book you want to have handy, and you can read one or two answers a day just to stay sharp!
So if you have a home business and are looking to expand your skills, I highly recommend this book!

No comments: