Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tips for Successful Presentations

What are people looking for in a presentation? Everyone is looking for different things. When you work from home, it's important to learn, however, to determine what someone is looking for. That way you can help meet their needs with what your business has to offer. I find that the best way to determine what someone is looking for is to ask questions. You can't assume that just because they are in front of you, that they actually are interested in what you have to offer. So, what I usually do before I share my information is ask the potential customer a few questions. This allows me to cater to their needs while still sharing all that my company has to offer.

This skill of asking questions does not always come naturally to everyone. We usually want to talk a lot, especially when we are excited about what we are sharing. However, I find that the people who are most successful in working from home are those who learn to ask questions first. After asking questions, it's important to LISTEN! If you ask questions but then jump to telling without truly listening, you still will not find success.

So, my tips today would be to ask questions, listen and customize what you are offering without compromising. This, in conjunction with the right business, will lead to success.

No comments: