Friday, February 22, 2008

Free Advertising

Many people who are working from home want to find ways to advertise for free. While I am certainly not an expert on this, I am learning new things every day. One thing that I have found to be working has been developing relationships with people online. One of my priorities in my business is to be people-focused. While the income is nice, my main goal is to help others. And I feel that in order to do this, you really have to develop relationships with others before you are able to help them.

There are a lot of ways to develop these relationships. Perhaps through online forums, message boards, and emails. There is also blogging, of course, and using facebook and myspace. These are all ways to develop relationships while also sharing with people what you do. Since my business is entirely referral based, I always appreciate when someone refers a friend to my website.

As much as people are wanting the convenience of online shopping and online business, they also appreciate personal customer service and real people being there to answer questions. There is something to be said for being technologically saavy while also developing personal relationships with others.

If anyone has additional tips, feel free to post them in the comments section!

No comments: