Sunday, December 9, 2007

Failure vs. Success

What is failure? Why do some people fail and some succeed? I think the answer to these questions can really help those of us who work from home.

Here is one definition of failure: "There is no failure except in no longer trying" (Zig Ziglar). I would agree with that. Failure is when you stop trying. It's when you give up. I don't see failure as not meeting your goals - I see it as giving up on your goals.

When I started my business last year, I had a goal to reach a certain leadership level within one year. Now, that year has passed, and I didn't reach that goal. However, I don't think I failed. I missed my time frame for my goal, but I am still going to work towards it. I am not going to give up on that goal - I'm just going to adjust my activities and my time frame that I have to get there.

To sum up, I like this quote from one of my company's leaders about failure: "The difference between average people and acheiving people is their perception of and response to failure." What kind of person do you want to be? I want to be an achieving person!! That means I'm not giving up - No matter what!

No comments: