Monday, November 5, 2007

Party Plans

Have you ever done a party-plan business? Have you been part of a fun team that recognizes your success? I have. I'm sure many of you have as well. It's a growing trend for people to become consultants because they love the product - whether its makeup, scrapbooks, stamping, purses, jewelry, or kitchen supplies. How many times have you been invited to one of those parties? Too many to count, right?

Party-plan companies have a lot to offer folks. They offer discounts on the product - usually the reason people sign, the opportunity to share the products with others, the chance to earn an "income", social contact, and the chance to be part of a team. All of those things are good. However, there are also some downsides to party-plans:
  • Large investment
  • Inventory
  • Giveaways - many times you end up giving away product in order to get people to book parties
  • Dealing with people's money
  • Paperwork
  • Sorting orders and making deliveries
  • Product returns
  • Running specials for downline
  • Booking new shows in order to get more sales
  • Every month your income starts at $0 and your income is based on your work that month (no residual income)
Although I loved being a part of a party-plan and never imagined doing anything else, I began to look at the numbers. I noticed that even if I did 4 shows a month (or one a week), and got average sales, my income would be about $420. That's before expenses and paying for extras, such as catalogs and recruiting tools. And, ususally I ended up putting half of that into inventory, because "what you show is what you sell".

Now, I am so happy to actually be in a company that rewards you not only emotionally (i.e. recognition, team support), but also financially. I now know that even if I have a slow month, my residual income will still be there. Plus, I get to see other people having the same success! I'm looking for others who have party-plan experience to join my team and start getting paid what they are worth. If that is you, please send me an email: littlefield@wedeliverwellness.com. I look forward to talking to you soon!

No comments: